If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and delicious meal, look no further than this recipe for spaghetti aglio e olio. Aglio e olio, which translates to “garlic and oil” in Italian, is a simple yet satisfying dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. This recipe features spaghetti tossed with garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil for a flavorful and comforting dish that is sure to please your taste buds. Plus, it can be on the table in just 30 minutes.
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and the reserved pasta water to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta in the garlic and oil mixture.
- Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use other types of pasta for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like for this recipe. Some popular options include fettuccine, linguine, and angel hair.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using vegan parmesan cheese or leaving it out altogether.
Can I add other ingredients to this recipe?
Yes, you can add other ingredients to this recipe such as sautéed vegetables, cooked chicken, or shrimp.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time by cooking the pasta and preparing the sauce separately. Store the pasta and sauce separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the pasta in a skillet over medium heat, adding a splash of pasta water if needed to loosen up the sauce.
In conclusion, spaghetti aglio e olio is a classic and beloved pasta dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. With its simple yet satisfying combination of garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes, it's no wonder why it has become a staple in many households. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it's also versatile and customizable to suit your taste preferences. Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a comforting dish to feed your family and friends, spaghetti aglio e olio is sure to please. So, next time you're in a rush or in need of a comforting dish, give this recipe a try and enjoy the deliciousness of a classic Italian pasta dish.